AlbuSorb™ - Albumin Depletion Kit
- Usually shipped in 5 working days
- Removes >90% albumin from 30 mg albumin/ml sample
- Affinity-type equivalence, virtually no cross-reactivity with other proteins
- Bind and elute procedure - simply weigh powder, condition the sample, centrifuge and/or filter, and recover the albumin depleted serum
- Economical surface technology, not based on blue-dye or immuno-affinity chromatography
- Mild conditions maintain tertiary structure of proteins and simple transfer to secondary analysis
- The albumin depleted filtrate retains the enzymatic and biological activity, along with enrichment of extracellular vesicle (exosome) cargo
- Removes albumin from samples such as serum, plasma and from most species including human, mouse, sheep, bovine, goat, rat, and calf
- The flow through fraction is compatible with LC-MS, activity based protein profiling and proteomic studies.
AlbuSorb™ is an albumin depletion reagent supplied as a kit with necessary buffers. With 25ul of starting sample, the yield of albumin depleted serum protein is 0.1-0.2 milligrams. AlbuSorb™ binds albumin from serum or plasma and is compatible with downstream proteomics methods such as protein array pixelation ,1D and 2D gel electrophoresis, LC/MS, and MALDI-TOF MS. Samples are also prepared for biomarker discovery, toxicological studies for new drugs, enzyme assays, protein profiling using SELDI analysis and cytokines research.
AlbuSorb™ binds to albumin, and serum proteins flow through. Removal of albumin allows enhanced detection of low abundance proteins. AlbuSorb™ comes from a silica-based, separation platform utilizing a new combination of surface microenvironments substituted with low molecular substrates that feature drug-binding motifs. Unlike immuno-affinity, the surfaces utilized are disposable eliminating cycle to cycle variance and cross-contamination.
Biotech Support Group has AlbuVoid™ for albumin depletion plus low abundance serum protein enrichment. Both AlbuSorb™ and AlbuVoid™ are available in AlbuTrial™ kit™. AlbuTrial™ kit™ includes 1 gm of AlbuSorb™ and 5 Preps of AlbuVoid™ with respective buffers.
Click here to view AlbuSorb™ Product Sheet