Mouse IgG2b SPARCL™ Assay | IGG2B-SP-1
- One Week Delivery
PRINCIPLE OF THE ASSAY
The mouse IgG2b SPARCL™1 (Spatial Proximity Analyte Reagent Capture Luminescence, ref 1) assay uses two IgG2b specific antibodies. One is conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP), the other is conjugated to acridan, a chemiluminescent substrate. When HRP and acridan conjugated antibodies bind to IgG2b they are brought into close proximity. With the addition of hydrogen peroxide, HRP catalyzes oxidation of proximal acridan molecules causing a flash of chemiluminescence. Acridan conjugated antibodies distant from HRP produce no signal. This principle allows the development of a homogeneous assay that allows rapid determination of IgG2b concentrations.
The HRP and acridan conjugated antibodies provided with the kit are mixed with standards and diluted samples in wells of the 96-well white SPARCL™ plate provided with the kit2. After incubation for 30 minutes on a shaker at 25°C and 150 rpm, the plate is placed into a luminometer. Trigger solution containing hydrogen peroxide is injected into each well and luminescence is immediately measured. The concentration of IgG2b is proportional to luminescence and is derived from a standard curve. Because the mouse IgG2b SPARCL assay uses a homogenous format, a prozone or hook effect occurs at high IgG2b concentrations. For this reason, serum or plasma samples should initially be tested at dilutions of 4,000 fold. When measuring IgG2b in other biological fluids or extracts, samples should be tested at a series of dilutions in order to ensure that false low values are not obtained due to either prozone or matrix effects.
MATERIALS AND COMPONENTS
Materials provided with the kit:
• Anti-mouse IgG HRP stock Store ≤ -70°C
• Anti-mouse IgG acridan stock Store ≤ -70°C
• IgG stock Store ≤ -70°C
• Diluent: CSD50-1, 2 x 50 ml
• Trigger solution: TS7-1, 7 ml
• White SPARCL™ plate (12 x 8-well)
• Clear untreated 96-well plate
Materials required but not provided:
• Precision pipettes and tips
• Polypropylene microcentrifuge tubes
• Vortex mixer
• Plate incubator/shaker
• Luminometer capable of simultaneous injection/measurement
• Curve fitting software
Store the HRP conjugate, acridan conjugate and IgG stock at or below -70°C. The remainder of the kit should be stored at 4°C. The SPARCL™ plate should be kept in a sealed bag with desiccant and antioxidant. The kit will remain stable for at least six months from the date of purchase, provided that the components are stored as described
1. Please take the time to completely read all instructions before starting your assay. Contact us if you need clarification.
2. All reagents used in the assay should be allowed to reach room temperature (25°C) before use.
3. It is important that standards and samples be added to the SPARCL™ plate quickly. If testing large numbers of samples, rather than pipetting standards and samples directly into the white SPARCL™ plate using a single channel pipettor, we recommend the following. First, pipette an excess volume of standards and samples into appropriate wells of the clear 96- well plate. Then use an 8- or 12-channel multipipettor to quickly and efficiently transfer 50 ml aliquots to the appropriate wells of the white SPARCL™ plate. The wells of the clear plate hold a maximum volume of 300 ml.
4. Follow the sequence of events below when running the assay.