One-step real-time qPCR kit for detection of SARS-CoV-2 virus and identification of its British, South African and Brazilian variants in one reaction. The kit is based on one-step RT-qPCR using fluorescently labelled probes (FAM, HEX, ROX channels) and exogenous positive control (Cy5 channel).
– CE IVD one-step RT-qPCR kit
– detection of viral genes S and RdRP
– multiplex assay targeting the South African and Brazilian variant (mutation E484K – FAM channel), the British variant (mutation A570D – HEX channel), the viral RdRP gene (ROX channel) and the Exogenous Positive Control (Cy5 channel)
– E484K is a key so-called “escape” mutation that causes reduced binding of neutralizing antibodies and is found in variant B.1.351 (501Y.V2) referred to as the South African and P.1 (501Y.V3) referred to as the Brazilian variant
– A570D mutation is located exclusively in line B.1.1.7 (20I / 501Y.V1) referred to as the British variant