Arg-Antibody Elution Buffer(pH 4.0)
Arg-Antibody Elution Buffer(pH 4.0) | 17088-15 from Nacalai Tesque is available for delivery.
Arg-Antibody Elution Buffer (pH 4.0)
This product leads to effective elution of antibodies from protein A columns under mild pH (pH 4.0). Normally, antibodies are not effectively eluted at pH 4.0. Use of a lower pH can lead to partial denaturation and subsequent aggregation of the eluted antibodies. This product is based on the unique characteristics of arginine, which suppresses protein-protein interactions.
This product is manufactured with permission from Ajinomoto Co., Inc. based on the patent JP 4826995*.
*JP: 4826995, US: 8084032, 8435527, 2012-0264918, EP: 1568710, CN: 1680426
- Enables effective elution of antibodies from protein A column, reducing potential risk of acid denaturation and resultant aggregation
- Virus inactivation, a key step of clinical antibody manufacturing, is enhanced by arginine
- The use of this product has no impact on the preceding processes of antibody purification, e.g., loading step of cell culture medium and the following column washing step
- Arginine-based elution buffers are available in different formats upon request
Elution from Protein A using L-Arginine
Example: Comparison with glycine-HCl elution buffer
- Equilibrate protein A column (here COSMOGEL Ig-Accept Protein A) with D-PBS
- Load human serum
- Wash with 10 column volumes of D-PBS
- Elute with 5 volumes of acid (0.1 M glycine pH 2.8 - 4.0) or Arg-Antibody Elution Buffer
- Analyze eluted fractions, e.g., by SDS-PAGE