Dengue Virus VLP – Serotypes 1-4
DENGUE VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLES SEROTPYES 1-4
This Dengue VLP multi-pack has been prepared in response to many customers requesting a combination pack for the purchase of all 4 Dengue VLP serotypes. We now offer a convenient multi-pack in which 1 vial of each serotype VLP is included with a 15% discount on the price compared to ordering the products individually. This multi-pack is ideal for cross-reactivity screening and other such experiments. Each pack contains:
- 1 vial of 100ug from strain Nauru/Western Pacific/1974.
- 1 vial of 100ug from strain Thailand/16681/84.
- 1 vial of 100ug from strain Sri Lanka D3/H/IMTSSA-SRI/2000/1266.
- 1 vial of 100ug from strain Dominica/814669/1981.
These VLPs have been extensively characterised by Metz et al, (2018) showing binding of epitope specific antibodies to the VLPs, and how they can be used to deplete patient sera of serotype specific antibodies.
PRODUCT DETAILS – DENGUE VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLES SEROTPYES 1-4
- VLPs are produced in human cell lines using state-of-the-art expression techniques.
- Constructed from E, M and preM proteins, with secretion from the cell aided by substituting the C terminal 20% with the corresponding Japanese Encephalitis Virus sequence (all internal/transmembrane).
- Concentration and purification by a series of ultracentrifuge and chromatographical methods which result in exceptional quality and purity (See DENV2-VLP QC analysis).
- Cleavage of preM protein occurs naturally by furin in the cell and results in a dual population of preM and M-containing VLPs.
With more than one-third of the world’s population living in areas at risk of transmission, dengue infection is a leading cause of illness and death in the tropics and subtropics (ref WHO for Guidelines for Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention & Control, 2009) As many as 100 million people are infected yearly. Dengue is caused by any one of four related viruses transmitted by mosquitoes. There are no vaccines available to prevent infection with dengue virus.
Virus-Like Particles (VLPs) are an emerging vaccine technology. VLPs consist of protein shells comprising outer proteins specific to the virus in question. VLPs are more representative of how viral antigens are presented in vivo and while they are highly immunogenic they are non-infectious as they lack the core genetic material of the virus. Another important advantage of VLPs is that they more effectively activate key aspects of the immune response to achieve potent immune stimulation and to provide immunological memory. VLP-based vaccines have also shown to provide effective protection and are in current use for several diseases and in development for many others.